Payment Processing Forums

Payment Processing Forums (
-   TAX (
-   -   Income From Another Country (

cashman 12-12-2009 05:27 PM

Income From Another Country
If for example, I am working with a company that is from another country. When I received my salary, they already deducted the tax depending to the tax laws in that country.

Do I still need to pay my taxes from what I received? My income has already been taxed from that country where the company is based. If I pay my tax again then it would mean I'm paying a double tax, which really is a bummer for me.

barmy 12-12-2009 09:37 PM

Definitely you have to pay taxes only in the country that the company is based depending on their tax laws. Your money have been taxed and that's all. There is no point of double taxing.

tommy 12-13-2009 01:27 AM

I would check the tax laws in both countries just to be on the safe side. I know that some places work different for others where it is allowed and others well, they just do not play nice together. :)

cashman 12-13-2009 12:39 PM

Yes Tommy, that's what I'm afraid of. The country where the company is based might not be in good terms with the country that I'm living. From my understanding, there are tax treaties between countries. I will have to check these treaties, do you know a website where I could start looking for these tax treaties?

Denise 12-13-2009 10:02 PM

I think you should also check to see if there is a tax treaty between both countries. If their tax rate is lower, you may still be required to pay additional tax.

chenchenPeter 07-17-2012 03:33 AM

I think the internet is very importmant in today .....We can achieve our work in home ..

Victoria Andrews 08-03-2012 07:50 AM

Hi, cashman, please share if you have any news. I know every country has different laws but my sister has the same issue as you do. Any advice and experience is much appreciated.

greitas 09-26-2013 01:45 PM

i also work form my home for foreign countries company. According EU law I need pay taxes in my country if my working place is there...

aronmatt3 12-14-2013 10:01 AM

Tax is a very sensitive matter and you need to be carefully satisfied with their laws, I suggest you contacting some CA in your country to understand the tax related issue clearly. There is one more thing that what is the proof that the company has paid the tax on your behalf? So, contacting a CA on any point of time is a wise decision.

lisaa 11-13-2014 07:03 AM

Yes definitely you would have to charge sales tax on online orders too.

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.