Payment Processing Forums & Credit Card Processors Discussion Board

Payment Processing Forums & Credit Card Processors Discussion Board (http://paymentprocessing.cc/index.php)
-   Online Fraud (http://paymentprocessing.cc/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Beware of Credit card frauds (http://paymentprocessing.cc/showthread.php?t=1479)

zwtseo 12-30-2009 07:00 AM

Beware of Credit card frauds

Hello,

Due to Christmas and New Year is coming close lots of people use plastic money purchase gifts and products. But at same time fraudsters try to get your credit card information by various ways online, POS or ATM places. Fraudsters make doggy websites and collect credit card information, sometimes they do spread malwares to millions of computers and try to get keystrokes hit by the user and record it. at Pos and ATM places fraudsters use cloning devices to make cloned credit card and use it.

To avoid this circumstance always be vigilant and keep your card at same place. Avoid flashing cards instead use cash if possible. Always try card at authorized places. Never allow your cards to be away from your eyesight instead try more to keep your card with yourself.

Keep the record of your purchases and same have to be checked online or with bank routinely.

Make safe purchases for your loved ones for Christmas and New Year.

Hope this information will be helpful to you. Happy New Year

SilverStockReport 12-31-2009 07:32 PM

Phishing is still widely used to get your credit card information. Just remember, banks don't get security information via email. If you get a suspicious looking email, call your bank.

twitter 03-09-2010 07:11 PM

I bealive that online shops must be very secured since many online fraud are there!

juanfaran 03-15-2010 05:23 PM

i wander why these people don't try to work properly, why they live with stealing other people, are they happy?. I wander.

Business Broker 04-13-2010 11:04 PM

I have a client going through something similar now. Interesting.

bir2net 06-06-2010 01:52 PM

I've recently joined your call:)

richardshelton 09-05-2012 10:04 AM

The card issuers & servicers wave the banner of "no liability for fraudulent use" as a means of attracting new customers & retaining existing ones, thereby encouraging "friendly" fraud.

In fact, they merely pass the ensuing costs back to the merchants, in the form of transaction charge-backs & processing fees.

Furthermore, a number of banks refuse to verify the CVC Code, claiming that such is intended for their use in dealing with the card-holder only, thereby depriving the merchant of an additional & valuable tool in combatting fraud.

As a result, the "customer" gets free goods, the banks earn interchange, the merchant acquirers earn their share of the discount, the card processors earn transaction & settlement fees, and the merchant gets screwed.

KimMills 02-06-2013 03:58 AM

Credit card frauds are on an increase. You should try to use cash wherever possible to be safe. Also do not use your card online on websites that are not trusted. Most of the credit card details are stolen online, so being careful about which sites you use your card for should help. I always have a debit card that I use online, and the balance is not too high, this is my way of being safe from these frauds.

Jecol 06-28-2013 04:38 AM

A lot of people work hard to attain their goals and there are also people who take advantage of the people who are earning a decent living.

purple45 03-10-2015 12:36 PM

i wander why these people don't try to work properly, why they live with stealing other people, are they happy?. I wander.???