Payment Processing Forums & Credit Card Processors Discussion Board

Payment Processing Forums & Credit Card Processors Discussion Board (http://paymentprocessing.cc/index.php)
-   Online Fraud (http://paymentprocessing.cc/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   How to sue a scam website? (http://paymentprocessing.cc/showthread.php?t=853)

wallroad 12-15-2009 04:11 AM

How to sue a scam website?

I have been scammed by two scam websites offering data entry jobs. The first site charged me $95 for a lifetime membership, and the second charged me $60 for the same purpose. Yes, I was stupid and desperate for a job at that time.

Is there any way to sue such websites?

Stressed 12-16-2009 02:27 PM

I don't know if there is any way to sue them, but I know you can report them to various authorities such as BBB and other places like snopes where they would be listed on the black list.

rayallen 04-28-2010 07:18 AM

was contacted by a rep of web design company Higher Impact, asking me if I was interested in an online home business opportunity. He had a voice recording explain everything to me and I thought it couldn't hurt to try.

The basics behind the idea are that I buy a website from the company for a one-time, fixed fee of $110. The website would feature products from the company's sponsors offering health care, mortgages, and something else. For every product sold through my site, I would get a commission.

My only job then, would be to drive traffic to my website.

For that, the rep explained to me that the company will provide me with "marketing coaches" that will "coach" me on how to drive traffic to my website.

I bought the idea, gave the my CC info and paid $110 for the website. The rep told me that I will get a call from a "coach" in 2-3 days.

I wait 14 days, and after submitting a complaint to their site, I get a call the next day from the "coach". He sweets talks me about how good this business opportunity is, and tells me that he will have another "coach" contact me in several minutes.

The "coach" finally calls me, and after 10 minutes of trying to sweet talk her way to getting me "excited" about this business opportunity, she tells me that there are three packages available - on for $5K for 10K traffic to my site, one for $10K, and another for $20K.

At this point, you probably know why I consider this to be fraud. I was never told that their "coaching" would consist of them peddling me their "traffic packages" for tens of Gs.

I could easily just get my $110 back and finish this, but this is straight up FRAUD, and I don't want them to get away with it!!!

supershine 04-28-2010 07:28 PM

thanks a lot for this one.. Now i have something to fight against these frauds..

gptoffers 04-29-2010 11:01 AM

Are you absolutely sure you got scammed? Perhaps you just didn't work hard enough... I'm sure they also have a disclaimer on their website which you agreed upon when you paid them. I think it's pretty pointless to try and sue such companies since they're experienced in this industry and therefore have advanced and tricky TOS and disclaimers etc. Besides the amounts you lost are probably too small anyway. I don't think you really want to get this to the court because of court fees etc. It would become too much of a hassle...

mporgsoft 05-01-2010 02:53 PM

They likely have themself covered. If you paid by credit card just do a chargeback.

When working from home or seeking a job the employee does not PAY anything. If something is legitimate it will cost nothing for you to work.

byesadness 06-01-2010 08:33 AM

May we know the website?

ugg uk boots 08-12-2010 06:47 AM

These are around us!

Renton777 12-31-2010 07:35 AM

its impossible because.. its hard to track

cindymash 01-03-2011 06:39 PM

yaa.. its hard to track.. but you could first contact DMCA if you are sure to do..