Old 04-11-2012, 07:35 AM

Default Kiefer Sutherland still has the Touch - thestar.co
About a month ago, when Touch got , I was cautiously enthusiastic. I expressed some doubts, amid my rapturous ravings, as to whether they could keep up the level or for that matter even the amount of the writing.
I’m now another two episodes in — the second aired Thursday at 9 p.m. on Fox and Global — and I’m still raving. And still worried.
Touch is a terrific new show, quite unlike anything else on TV, interweaving five little sub-stories into one integrated, cross-related plot line, held together by the linking framework of struggling single dad Kiefer Sutherland coming to the aid of total strangers under the arcane instruction of his silent savant son.
And if you think that paragraph was hard to follow ...
Actually, showrunner Tim Kring (Heroes) and his writers do a remarkably clean job of switching back and forth, and then connecting the variant threads. Each gets it own sentimentally happy ending — somehow stopping just short of precious and cloying.
And, more than anything else, there is the estimable Sutherland himself, the show’s solid anchor in much the same way he carried us through the endless, often ludicrous real-time crises of 24.
But this time he gets to smile. And to cry. And, on least two occasions in the first three episodes, to actually lose a fight. Jack Bauer would have been appalled.
Where 24 was relentlessly pessimistic, Touch is all about hope,beatsbydre-casque.com/lang-fr/13-beats-by-dre-powerbeats:beatsbydre-casque.com/lang-fr/13-beats-by-dre-powerbeats]beats by dre powerbeats, and the innate warm-and-fuzziness of a safer, saner, idealized world. Where 24 piled coincidence upon convenience, Touch is all about the coincidence, which turns out to be not nearly as coincidental as it appears.
But the question remains: How long can it last?
Kring’s superhero drama Heroes hit a kryptonite brick wall in its second season. Kring seemed creatively to just run out of steam — what I like to call the “Ryan Murphy Effect,” in reference to the similarly rapid disintegration of Nip/Tuck and Glee.
And Touch, as I mentioned off the top, eats up and spits out potential plot lines a half-dozen at a time.
I want Touch to work — I very much want to see more. It takes all the way up to the end of Episode 3 to fully establish the back-story and overall context. From this point on, the viewer will be dropped into the middle of all these correlated complications and pretty much left to fend for himself.
And, once again, it will be Sutherland to the rescue, as the Toronto-raised actor applies his considerable personal popularity and proven co-producing savvy to maintain our invested interest while we struggle to keep up.
It’s worth the effort: both his and ours.
Read more:

Rob Salem usually writes Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Sundays. Email: ; Twitter: @robsalem

beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]écouteurs beats by dre

beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre pas cher beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]casques beats by dr dre beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]écouteurs beats by dre

beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre promo beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]monster beats by dr dre beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]monster beats beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre promo beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre prix beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]monster beats pas cher beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre solo casque beats by dre solo beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]casque beats by dre solo hdbeatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre solo beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre tour beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre tour beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]casque beats studio beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre diddybeats

beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]casque beats by dre pas cher beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre studio beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]casque beats by dre pro beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]casque beats by dre studio beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre lady gaga beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre Butterfly beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre detox beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre powerbeats beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre turbine pro beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre Lamborghini beatsbydre-casque.com/:beatsbydre-casque.com/]beats by dre Ferrari