Old 12-15-2009, 04:07 PM

Default How long does a chargeback take?
If you are waiting for a chargeback, how long should it take? If the chargeback isn't done in a certain amount of time is there other actions that should be taken?
Old 12-15-2009, 07:38 PM

I believe if you file a grievance with a company they have 30 days to respond. If there is no action taken, you may be able to go directly to your credit card company and file a complaint with them. Depending on your credit card, they may resolve it for you.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:07 AM

I guess I should agree with meme. I have a friend who experienced that one also and it takes 30 days. Quite long.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:18 PM

Every bank and processor works differently. I have written a few blog entries relating to chargebacks and as such you would need to check with the processor and bank and ask how long the consumer or buyer has to file a charge dispute. The US government has protected the consumer by giving them 6 months to file a dispute against a vendor however I have seen some banks not honor this time frame as such i would consult with various banks to get an idea. The hard part of you may not know what bank a particular customer belongs to. Best thing to do is keep records of the sale and have a signed signature receipt of the transaction. This will levy the dispute and allow you to win unless it is claimed as an unauthorized transaction such as stolen card or other...
Old 03-25-2010, 01:13 AM

a forceful style, It's great.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:45 PM

you have 30 days to respond but some can be drawn out over a long period becuase the customer can keep opening it.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to newwebsites
What about Paypal, do they have a specific timeframe?

What if it's a subscription that runs for a year? Could a customer demand the whole lot back if they say they weren't satisfied?