Old 04-17-2010, 07:55 PM

Default Is this considered Fraud
I have a question and hoping someone here that is familiar with different aspects of fraud would be able to answer.

Would it be considered fraudulent if a law firm states in a retainer agreement that they will be charging their client a lower fee but will be seeking a higher fee against opposing party. This is what it states in retainer agreement:

"It is understood that Attorney has adjusted the above rates to be significantly lower than normally charged in order to enable Client to obtain needed legal services; however, Attorney intends on seeking full rates during the proceedings against opposing parties."

I've talked with one attorney when seeking second opinion regarding why I hired this prior legal representation and he informed me that they can't seek a higher rate than what was originally agreed upon and if they do that this would be considered fraud. Is this true? That it would be considered fraud if they attempted to go after opposing party for a higher amount than what is stated in retainer agreement?
Old 04-17-2010, 07:59 PM

Oh, and also I've already made a state bar complaint regarding this and possible fraud or intent to defraud but I have not heard anything back because they are still investigating and they haven't informed me yet if this is fraudulent or not.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:17 PM

Well i guess, for me.. if i were to engage on some deals like that, i wont pursuit if there's something questionable.. If i feel like its fraud, ill stop..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:10 PM

well, if you can't afford to pay him his full rate, and he is going to win a settlement for you, he may just mean that you pay him what you can afford upfront, and then when you get the settlement you pay him the remainder?
Old 09-26-2010, 06:37 AM

i will stop
Old 02-08-2011, 07:11 AM

Link Building is the number of quality incoming links to your site.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:06 AM

I think it's a fraud.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:32 PM

I also think it's fraud!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:50 AM

Most of us thinks that is a fraud.