Old 06-17-2010, 09:20 AM

Default *debit card fraud
"I was a victim of debit card fraud yesterday. I was on my lunch break and had a gut feeling to check my bank account online. Log on and see $1000 was withdrawn from my checking account. instantly called my bank BECU and cancelled my card. Here's the weird part. It was taken from an ATM at an airport in California.
What boggles me is I live in Washington.
My card is in my wallet. I never use it to buy online.
plus it was from an ATM which requires a pin#.

I caught it the day it happened so hope that helps...but fear debit card fraud means I won't get my money back....did a fraud form so we will wait and see.

So now I'm worried to use my debit card. I might use cash now. My only thought is a restaurant or store stole my card # and pin? No clue I'm just sad and stressed."
Old 06-17-2010, 11:43 AM

Good thing that you caught it. The problem with debit cards is just that. When there is fraud, you will eventually get the money back, but until then, it is gone from your account. With a credit card, fraud just creates a charge on your bill that you don't have to pay so you aren't ever actually out the money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.