Old 12-11-2009, 06:33 PM

Default What resources do you use?
What are the resources that you use in order to prevent yourself from having random fraud issues? What are some of the most important things when trying to prevent fraud? There are so many gimmicks out there I am not sure what I should be investing in.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:58 PM

Here are a few tips on preventing yourself from credit card fraud:

A thief goes through trash to find discarded receipts or carbons, and then uses your account numbers illegally.

A dishonest clerk makes an extra imprint from your credit or charge card and uses it to make personal charges.

You respond to a mailing asking you to call a long distance number for a free trip or bargain-priced travel package. You're told you must join a travel club first and you're asked for your account number so you can be billed. The catch! Charges you didn't make are added to your bill, and you never get your trip.

Credit and charge card fraud costs cardholders and issuers hundreds of millions of dollars each year. While theft is the most obvious form of fraud, it can occur in other ways. For example, someone may use your card number without your knowledge.

It's not always possible to prevent credit or charge card fraud from happening. But there are a few steps you can take to make it more difficult for a crook to capture your card or card numbers and minimize the possibility.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:59 AM

First thing first, avoid giving out your personal informations especially your credit card information to anyone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:59 PM

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge about fraud on credit cards cjben. I guess we should keep our information secret and not to give easily information to other people about our credit card details.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to JohnRon
I just use common sense. I don't have any special tools.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:27 AM

LifeLock will let you know if new credit card accounts are being applied for in your name so that your identity can't be stolen. They also notify you if someone is seeking employment or if your social security number is used for medical reasons.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:39 AM

i never install pirated softwares.. coz keyloggers are attached wit it
Old 12-12-2010, 03:42 PM

I am surprised that there are this many security provisions for credit card. very informative
Old 07-19-2012, 11:13 AM

Always double checked when it comes to credit card transactions.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:21 AM

Nowadays, many company especially the merchants are suffering from credit card fraud. The cost of this fraud is felt by online merchants, who offer a product or service online. They have to take risk of losing the cost of the product sold, pay chargeback fees, and face the possibility of having their merchant account closed.

As a result, in my point of view, geographic information fraudlabs.com can help prevent fraud. With Geolocation, out-of-state checks are analyzed more closely. Besides, it can flag a mailed-in credit application if the listed address doesn't match the postmark. Geolocation technology provides the real-time e-commerce transaction for certain location which is known as high fraud spot.