Old 12-15-2009, 12:01 PM

Default What is the best shopping cart software ?
everybody has a different opinion about shopping cart softwares because they run different businesses and they have different budget and different knowledge . so it depends on your business and your skills and your budget that what shopping cart is the best for you . here i found some opinions about different shopping carts

they mostly say oScommerce is the best

Tamn :

I have seen that there are many shopping carts available like Os Commerce, Zen cart, Cube cart, magento, Miva Order, etc.

Can you tell me about the shopping cart software which you consider to be the best one? And why?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:02 PM

cloudvps:
We use Varien Magento.

waqyum:I have heard OS Commerce many times.I don't know about others.

AirJordansHead
I would always recommend zen-cart though you might need some time in learning how to use its powerful admin area. Magento might be another choice but I have no experiences with it.

Have a nice day,

njoker555
I've used Zen Cart in the past - pretty good but I hear Magento and OS Commerce is better. I did install both softwares but never really did anything with them like I did with Zen Cart.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:03 PM

unity100
unfortunately, also fortunately, oscommerce.

unfortunately because it was coded waaaay back, and it was coded without a lot of standards (mvc, modularity, template concept, etc etc). so the structure is a bit outdated and pokes the eye.

fortunately, because it is also 'rather' easy to modify, and has A LOT of modules, modifications, adaptations and so on.

this bit is most important.

if you add it to the fact that every kind of 3rd party provider (payment, shipping and so on) knows and recognizes oscommerce, it comes up as the sole choice.

there are a lot of nifty carts out there offering a lot of good stuff. but, none of them are able to offer the recognition and add ons oscommerce has. something like windows in a sense maybe.

Giggity
I'm a web developer who has worked with quite a few shopping carts. Quite frankly the best shopping cart is the one that is best for your business.

Magento and OSCommerce are both good solutions but you have to have a LOT of coding knowledge to make anything work. In other words, you are highly dependent on your developer to do everything for you, even the most minor changes. Good for me, bad for business owners :-)

ZenCart was really clunky and I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm beginning to become more excited about hosted solutions. The one most of my clients are on right now is Volusion, which is a really beautiful platform. It pretty much has all the tools you need built-in and gives you a ton of design flexibility. It's also nice because they have good support materials and you don't have to worry about hosting. The more I play with Volusion, the more I like it.

Again, just go out there and do some research and see what works best for your needs!

JLHC
If you want a shopping cart that is heavy and powerful, go with Magento Commerce.
If you want a shopping cart that is light and simple, go with PrestaShop.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:04 PM

inspiron
I would suggest Os Commerce its most popular shopping cart. Besides this Zen Cart shopping cart is another good one its open source.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:04 PM

Jordan Smith
Hi,

The best software for ecommerce is Tradingeye.

Tradingeye is a fully-featured web standards compliant Shopping Cart & CMS, built from the ground up with web accessibility and SEO in mind. Tradingeye is the choice of thousands of online retailers who care about accessibility, usability and most importantly - results.

I use this all the time for my customers.

All the best,
Jordan Smith

Rude Boy Web Design