Old 12-11-2011, 06:23 AM

Send a message via ICQ to DaydayGiz
Default Weed Games
I?ve heard a few acquaintances talk either enviously or dismissively about medical marijuana jobs Some people think working at a dispensary would be really ?cool,? while others think it?s an industry of slackers

Either way, these people have the same perception of the work: You pretty much get to hang out all day, perhaps light up a few times or gobble up a pot brownie for lunch to ease your ?pain? and then spend the afternoon battle your colleagues in a few rounds of ?Halo ?

Honestly, this is what some people think working at a dispensary is like You can stop laughing now

Don?t take my word for it: I?ve had two owners tell me they initially hired friends on staff who had that perception of the corporate culture Needless to say, those friends are no longer working at the dispensaries, as they bailed ? or were let go ? once the reality set in

And what is that reality? I?m sure you know it all too well Running a medical pot dispensary is no walk in the park in most cases Owners work long hours ? just as long as entrepreneurs in other fields, as far as I can tell Which can mean 12-hour days and weekend work Other staff ? from budtenders to receptionists ? are busy doing their jobs as well I?ve yet to walk into a dispensary and see employees just hanging out That?s more likely at a Wal-Mart than a medical marijuana center And, in Colorado at least, employees are not allowed to medicate at work, and everyone I?ve encountered has seemed pretty clear-eye to me

WeedGames NET]Weed Games WeedGames NET]Stoner Games
Old 03-15-2012, 02:52 PM

I am agree with your views