Old 08-11-2009, 12:37 PM

Default Paypal fraud issues..
Not long ago, paypal thought thatI was hacking my own account. How bloody stupid!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 02:14 PM

Try to contact Paypal through phone and explain them your issue. They will surely assist you.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:53 AM

You are not the only victim of this. paypal has a good record of doing this to the every 30th customer. Now they will ask you for your credit card information, and will also tell you to send them some other identity verification documents on paper. Then if they are satisfied, they will give you back the account access. And, if you will not provide them with whatever they asks for, your paypal account is doomed forever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:01 AM

First of all, I'm not a Paypal representative or even an advocate of Paypal. This is just my honest opinion.

Originally Posted by pmorrison2588 View Post
Now they will ask you for your credit card information.
If I'm not mistaken, Paypal will never do this. From the agreement that we tick on registration, Paypal will not ask for any information about your credit card, even the representatives when you call them. What they could get is your account name in paypal, the secret answer for your question, your name and address. Then they could reset your account if ever somebody hacked it.

The thing that I couldn't understand is how hackers would know the email that is use for Paypal?

Hackers will get the Paypal email and send a notice that the Paypal needs this information from you. I received such emails and they looked very legitimate but you should be cautious about giving out your information. This is how hackers would get your information about your credit card and Paypal account. Better ask Paypal, through their support system and not directly from your email, if they really send you a notice.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:03 PM

Paypal always give preference to buyer.......
Old 10-23-2009, 10:11 AM

Very nice information. Thanks for this. I look forward to reading more information from you.

thanks
Old 11-19-2009, 10:58 PM

Its not even their fault. They are doing for their security.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:40 PM

Paypal has good issues and bad issues, some which I have noticed always end up with the fraud issues or their "spam/hacker alert team". I once had an issue where a clients paypal was hacked (through their email to start with, so phished would be the correct term).Paypal was confused why I had to do a 3 way call between myself/client/PP as whoever attempted to fish them did in fact also set up a deal to refund all past payments this client had made for our services.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:46 AM

I think you must have tried to do something illegal with your account thats why they have taken this step. I don't think they are do this to every 30th customer as i have been using it for the last 3 years and i have not encountered any issue like this.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:18 AM

Hopefully you have a paypal debit card, and hopefully you ran to the ATM to withdrawal the cash. if you did, then you can let paypal refund him, since all that will happen is it will make your paypal account negative. you should also close your checking account and re open a new one. cancel all your credit cards and have new ones issued. if you did NOT quickly get your hands on the money, you are screwed. I always withdrawal the money as soon as it appears in paypal so that way i dont have to care if my buyers are happy or not.