Old 12-11-2009, 04:32 AM

Default Getting an Online Bank Account
Where can I get an online banking account? Is it only from the internet?

I haven't considered dealing with online banks before but I am interested in having one. Are the rates the same as with the real banks?
Old 12-11-2009, 04:16 PM

Ask your bank for the information. I beleive all banks now have the online sites so you can get do your banking online. Once I asked my bank, they sent me a huge packet of information that explained step by step how to set up my account. I wouldn't trust anything other than the bank I have been banking with.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:56 PM

Just like meme said, you should contact your local bank for their online service. They will guide you on how to do internet banking.

Regarding rates, this also depend on your local bank, you can ask them if they have the same or different rates with internet banking.

If you want to have offshore accounts then there are banks in the internet that you could apply to. But before you do that, make sure you made a thorough research about the bank that you want to apply to.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:39 PM

Thank you for the answers.

I haven't ask my bank about this but I will when Monday comes. Do you think I will have to pay an application fee for internet banking account?

I heard about offshore accounts but how do they really work? Sorry if I ask a lot.