Old 12-24-2009, 12:19 AM

Default What is a good rate?
How do you know if you are getting the best rate out there and has anyone ever changed merchants to get a better rate but still stuck on their contact list (I am having this issue now, they want me back and I keep telling them no).
Old 12-24-2009, 12:51 AM

I am waiting to hear back from a loan company right now and I only went with them for their low rates (I think its a holiday deal). Anything that you can pay off within your budget is good, but always the cheaper the better unless you want to pay things off with an insane rate.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:05 PM

A good rate. Thats a good question! Dependent on your volume and average ticket there are a million answers. The reason so many merchants over pay for their service is because they were only looking at the 1.63-1.75% and didn't ask what the Non-Qualified rate is.

This is the little devil where processors make all their money. You get an awesome qualified rate, but thats only good for the standard credit card. If you run a rewards card, a business card, a miles card, a signature card, or any other of the 300+ card types that are out there the transaction will downgrade and viola! your paying 3.5% on 75% of your transactions and are locked into a 3 year contract.

If your shopping now, ask for interchange pass-through plus assessments. Tell them you want no higher than 35 basis points. What this means is your getting exactly what is charged by Visa MasterCard + .35% that .35 is still profit, but your not getting killed in non qualified fees.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:35 AM

top this post

airmax-shoe.com
Old 01-05-2010, 09:56 PM

I just found out were one of a few companies that will do passthrough because the very little profit that is made. Ive been pushing it to every one!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:05 AM

Send a message via ICQ to PeterbuhbreexDed
Default What is a good rate
Why is it that when bad news comes out worse than expected this is an example for EU about the dollar the EU goes down? and what about if good news comes out more thatn expected what will happen? does this apply to all pairs??? plz reply ASAP im in a pickle rite now
Old 01-07-2010, 01:53 PM

thank you for the post