Old 12-16-2009, 04:23 PM

Default Using Credit Cards in Self Checkouts
I worry about my credit card being stolen and someone using it at a store. Now they have the self checkouts at the supermarkets. The cashier is suppose to check the signature if you spend over $100, but I can tell you that they never have checked my signature.

Have you found this to be true in your stores too?
Old 12-23-2009, 05:30 AM

You also have to be very careful with these. If fraud happens, the proof has to be given by you. My sister had a detailed discussion with the bank about this and to fully understand what happens if you are a victim, I recommend having that same discussion with your bank. Ask them who is responsible and what you would have to do if someone uses your card or information in a self-checkout line.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by UmbrellaMe View Post
You also have to be very careful with these. If fraud happens, the proof has to be given by you. My sister had a detailed discussion with the bank about this and to fully understand what happens if you are a victim, I recommend having that same discussion with your bank. Ask them who is responsible and what you would have to do if someone uses your card or information in a self-checkout line.

Its a helpful information to be consider...
Old 04-29-2010, 11:41 AM

Send a message via MSN to gptoffers Send a message via Yahoo to gptoffers
I think the reason they never check your signature is the fact that it's your card meaning you're acting completely normally. Cashiers are pretty clever and can easily spot someone who uses someone else's card. Eye contact! :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:56 PM

True!! They must have trained on that.. haha.? A human lie detector..

Old 05-01-2010, 02:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to mporgsoft
I do not sign my cards and never been asked to show ID even when spending 2k at best buy on a new tv. A person with a stolen credit card is likely to shop online anyway and have the goods delivered to someones house they know is not home and watch the tracking to see when the box is left at their door.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:15 PM

Default Home creativity
Every thing is said is not worthless, I give the credit to jim.

Let?s talk about home insurance and The home insurance quotes , Once your home is insured, supply the lender your insurer's name and contact information, coverage levels and deductibles. They'll add this information to the new contract and escrow insurance as part of your monthly expenses. For more info you should go to the following website for nice informaiton. insurancehome.ie
Old 12-21-2010, 01:31 AM

Hi,there!
hmm,well,in my Country,China,some of u may know that,after yr credit card had been stolen,u should go to the bank which yr card were in to register loss ASAP.
Thk u.
inner
Old 01-03-2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Inorder View Post
Hi,there!
hmm,well,in my Country,China,some of u may know that,after yr credit card had been stolen,u should go to the bank which yr card were in to register loss ASAP.
Thk u.
inner
thanks.. useful info tough i never did..
Old 01-27-2011, 09:05 AM

self checkout, could care less about the future of cashier jobs. As far as identity theft, I'm sure there is a much better chance that I'm gonna get ripped off by a half wit making 7 dollars an hour, than from a card scanner, that runs on the same system a cashier would be swiping my card through anyways. It saves the store money in the long run, not having to pay people to ring me up and it makes the line move much faster.