Old 12-14-2009, 04:54 PM

Default Applying For A Credit Card Even With Bad Credit
Is there a way wherein you could get a credit card with a bad credit record? I searched in the internet about this and there are banks or companies offering credit cards even though you have bad credit.

I don't have a bad credit but my friend do and he really likes to have one so he could pay some of his debts.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:50 PM

I would never take out a credit card to pay off my debts. This way you will be digging yourself deeper into debt.

Anyways....if you search credit cards for bad credit, you will get a ton of sites. I have no idea how legit these are. The interest rates will probably be sky high! Be careful.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:10 PM

Yes, this will create more problems than solve one. My friend is desperate to have a credit card as his last resort of paying up his piled up bills.

His problem started when he was laid off from work, because his work pays him just enough for everything to continue living. I already helped him by paying some of his bills but I also need to pay mine.

For now, he just needs to pay his previous bills so he could rest without thinking about them. He's a good man and is constantly looking for a job, whatever job that maybe. But I guess sometimes people are unlucky, like him.

So should I continue helping him get a credit card or convince him to try to find other ways to get money for paying his debts.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:20 AM

As for the debt, he needs to get a second job or something to MAKE more money to pay it down. Getting into the debt shuffling game always ends up badly for the debtor. Regarding credit cards, the best option is to stick with debit, or go with a secured credit card. A secured credit card is one in which you deposit at least a couple hundred dollars or more (which becomes your credit limit) which is held as collateral in case of default. This can be a good way of rebuilding one's credit rating.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:50 AM

Look into refinancing your debt if possible. But, for those who need a credit card and you have bad credit, a secured credit card would be a solution. A secured credit card is a type of credit card typically choses by people who have had credit problems in the past. You make a deposit to the credit card company that offers the card and this amount becomes your spending limit. Its a secured line of credit, meaning you are backing it up with your money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Banned

This can be a good way of rebuilding one's credit rating.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:00 AM

Stop getting new card. All you can do is repair your credit card. And the best way to repair credit card is clear all the negative information from your credit report.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:53 AM

When you are struggling with bad credit, finding a credit card can be difficult and frustrating. It can also be a catch-22. One of the best ways to improve your credit is through the responsible use of a credit card, but if you can't get a credit card because of bad credit, then you probably feel stuck. Luckily, there are some options.

There are a number of credit cards designed specifically for people with bad credit. One such card is called a secured credit card. A secured credit card operates like a normal credit card with one important difference: You are required to make a cash deposit that is treated like a security deposit in exchange for access to a line of credit. You still have to pay your credit card balance on time at the end of each billing period, and if you are late or carry a balance you will be subject to fees, and interest will be applied. The upside, however, is that if you use your secured credit card responsibly for a period time, you will improve your credit, and ultimately graduate to an unsecured -- or regular -- credit card.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:32 AM

When you're ready, you should apply for a credit card that is geared toward people with credit scores similar to yours. If you apply for cards you don't qualify for, you'll likely be rejected, and if you apply for too many cards during a short period of time, your credit score could suffer. Also keep in mind, the lower your credit score, the more you are likely to pay in interest for any balance you carry on the card.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:22 AM

If you have a credit score below 500, qualifying for a traditional card will be extremely difficult, if not impossible. Most lenders view scores below 500 as a very high credit risk, and are therefore unlikely to approve a credit line. You may wish to consider a secured credit card as an alternative. With a secured credit card a security deposit is required as collateral, typically equal to the credit limit on the card. The security deposit offsets the risk for the lender because it serves as a guarantee in the unlikely event that you default on the card.